“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”
Path to the Wild offers Transformational Experiences in Wild Nature
Path to the Wild is based in Southwest USA and offers awakening, meditative practices in wild nature, ranging from 10-day solo retreats to 3-5 day base camping retreats, and backpacking retreats. Individualized retreats, tailored to the specific needs of an individual are available as well.
David also offers spiritual mentoring focused on providing guidance and support to begin a spiritual practice or to deepen an already existing practice, assisting in overcoming the inevitable challenges that arise along a spiritual journey.
The retreats and programs offered by Path to the Wild are grounded in David’s 50 years of spiritual practice in the Great Wisdom Traditions combined with his decades of guiding and living in the wilderness. He continues to ramble in wild nature, mostly traveling along the backroads of national forests, backpacking, camping, and hiking in the deserts, canyons, and mountains of the Southwest.
Make a Donation
Path to the Wild Core Beliefs
- Every human being is born into this world with a purpose to fulfill.
- Our sense of happiness and wellbeing is achieved as we pursue and live out our true purpose.
- The discovery of our purpose is very difficult in our modern, urbanized world, largely cut off from wild nature.
- We are birthed from nature and nature is the best teacher to assist us in discovering and offering our gift to the world.
- The Wild “out there” reflects and mirrors the wild of our own “inner” wild nature.
- The mission of Path to the Wild is to offer programs that focus on the foundational experience of the Vision Quest
Founder of Path to the Wild
Like many who are probably considering embarking on a vision quest, I was an absolute neophyte. I had a rough idea of what the process was about and maybe a slight inkling of what it might entail, but that was it. I stumbled upon David watching a video about him on...
Meet David, a retired Episcopal Priest who now lives in an Isuzu Trooper SUV. He's found peace and harmony by living in nature and continues to serve others by leading them on their own personal Vision Quest.
“Cosmic Creating Show” 9/1/18 with Jan Shaw and guest David Clark, who is passionate about assisting others to explore their true nature, meditation and the nature of mind in wilderness settings, using traditional meditation practices as well as drawing upon an integral spiritual model.